Mr. Blackmon has over 30 years experience in the field of Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, and Risk Management. He has been involved with all stages of the DR/BC development process from the initial executive strategy meetings, BIA’s, risk assessments, plan development to the final functions of plan exercise, assessments and maintenance. Experienced with all aspects of developing, designing, controlling and providing after action review of exercises at the department level in corporations, as well as large scale exercises sponsored by the Federal government testing community wide exercises that included up to 70 Federal Agencies.
Mr. Blackmon has experience in critical infrastructures as:
- Healthcare: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Petroleum: Saudi Arabia Marketing and Refining / ARAMCO, (Jeddah)
- Financial: Bank of America, Midland Loan Services
- Government / Military: Library of Congress, USDA, Royal Saudi Air Force (Riyadh)
Mr. Blackmon has obtained the following professional certifications to assist his work efforts.
- (FBCI) Fellow of the Business Continuity Institute, London, UK
He is 1 of 100 worldwide with this certification and 1 of 25 within the United States
- (CISSP) Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (ISC)2
- (CBCP) Certified Business Continuity Professional, DRI International
- (ITIL) Office of Government Commerce, London, UK
Mr. Blackmon’s was chosen as one of the five finalists for BCI’s North American Award for Continuity and Resilience Consultant, 2015.